Food and Travel

Food and Travel - the two are inextricably linked. Travelling on an empty stomach is just not the done thing, which means stopping off at a boulangerie, trattoria or tapas bar is a necessary pleasure. I try and eat where the locals do - it is invariably cheaper and more authentic than the tourists traps and more expensive alternatives. That is not to say that I do not push the boat out every once in a while and dine in style.

I havejust been writing about a fantastic meal I had in a trattoria in the Ghetto area of Rome in  my soon to be released book, City Chronicles: A Little Bit of Italy. Family run, with delicious and varied courses it was a gem of a find and when I'm next in Rome I'm going to visit it again (I hope it's still there!)

My love of food is not limited to just eating it, I like the art of cooking as well. I have a short article with a recipe for Spaghetti Bolognese in April's Munaty Cooking magazine. It may be a departure from the traditional recipe from Bologna but I haven't had any complaints - so far!

Comments

Popular Posts